What do you want Coogfans to tell Khator and Yurachek?

I think you nailed one thing there. We need more Saturday 2:30 or 6:00 games. I think we had ONE this year (Tulsa). I know that TV contracts somewhat control that, but it’s hard to get up for and properly tailgate for games where you’re just leaving work or just waking up.

I also think that an outreach to recent graduates with discounted season tickets and young alum tailgates would be helpful. That student section is ROCKING the last two years. If we can hang on to a couple of thousand passionate graduating seniors every year we’ll be sold out for every game.

2 Likes

Cheaper corner seats. They are the biggest non-sellers for every non-sell out. If we could lower the prices in those sections, we’d probably sell more.

1 Like

I actually believe we should consider Strong as a potential coach.
He does, indeed have a strong resume.
He at least deserves a look.

1 Like

YES! THIS HAS TO BE ON THERE. Gameday experience, but that could be a letter on its own. So many ideas.

They should invest in some mobile trucks or something for the upper levels. IMO that is they’re empty. You have to all the way down to go to the restroom and Wait in line for like ever. It ends up better to just stand with a nice breeze coming on.

1. I have no preference for a coach’s offensive philosophy, but I do like to watch the Cougars score a lot of points. However, I feel keeping up the intensity on defense should be a priority. That hasn’t always been UH’s reputation, but I think dating back to Gibbs are our DC, that has a been a huge key to the program.

2. Either have a social media savvy coach or have someone who gets it tweet/post for him. That was one thing the last administration excelled at, and the next needs to be able to connect with these athletes in this rapidly changing social media world.

3. To piggyback off the previous point on social media, I’m all about “building a wall” around Houston and marketing the fact we’re in a hotbed of high school football talent. But I think we need to drop the #HTownTakeover hashtag as part of the university’s marketing. The UH Athletics social media people do a first-class job, and I imagine they will continue to, but I think that hashtag and movement is too closely linked to the last coach.

1 Like

We need both. Can you imagine how freaking awesome we would have been during the Case Keenum era if we had the Gibbs or Orlando defenses??? A defense that consistently turns teams over or gets 3-and-outs, combined with an offense that scores in less than a minute. We would have been dropping 70 on teams every week!

1 Like

After reading all the responses I agree with some of the previous comments

1.Neither Art Briles nor Lane Kiffin are not welcome here. One is incredibly toxic (Kiffin), and the other started this trend of coaches abandoning their players before a bowl game. Les Miles would be 200% better that either of these.

2.Consider hiring Charlie Strong. Disregard what occurred at the University of Texas; he was never going to succeed there. Coach Strong has a strong resume at Louisville and dating back to his time as the DC for the University of South Carolina during the Lou Holtz years.

3.Consider keeping Todd Orlando. He should at least be given the benefit of the doubt, and he has expressed an interest in staying on. I have no issues with him as our HC. Applewhite should not be considered for HC

4.Joining the Big 12. That’s a nice fantasy. How many times do we need to be led down the primrose path, only to have the rug pulled from under us? Until Texas Shorthorns are dethrone from running the B12 UH joining that conference will never happen Texas is NO FRIEND of the cougars! NEVER has been-NEVER WILL BE

5.It’s time to finally address the issue of attendance to our home games, as many of our alumni do not come to the home games. it’s embarrassing, and it negates our efforts of getting into a major conference. Address this issue please and promote attendance and season ticket sales actively with Local businesses .

6.Do all that you can to prevent UT from gaining any sort of footprint into Houston for a proposed business center. They need to stay in Austin. Its that Simple- No how- No way- Get our CAT members and legislators in the capitol to fight them tooth and nail. KEEP UT out of Houston

7.Get our fair share of the Permanent University Fund which unfairly keeps the longhorns and aggies in the money used to recruit against UH!!! As a Tier 1 university the University of Houston is no longer Cougar High but is now an equal to TU and AM academically , athletically with national recognition and should be treated as such. We should NEVER take a back seat to either ever again.

8.Whoever our new HC is, ensure the buyout is incredibly high. Let it be known that we are not going to be a steppingstone for other universities, but a destination location for athletic greatness.

9.REMAIN COUGAR PROUD

2 Likes

Please upgrade our out of conference competition in football and basketball.

1 Like