What do you want Coogfans to tell Khator and Yurachek?

I am compiling comments and a list of things on behalf of Coogfans to send in a formal letter to Khator and Yurachek.

What do you want in the next regime? What is most important to you? Tell them, doesn’t matter if it’s naive or not.

PLEASE!!! No insults, base venting or the like. This will be professional.

I will start:

1. I want a coach who respects the fanbase and the institution and who will do the right thing.
  2. I want to continue the culture of physicality and accountability in the program.
  3. I would like the Urban Meyer blueprint to stay.
  4. I want a large buyout, and a way to hold coaches to complete a season including a bowl game.
  5. We must continue to play aggressive effective defense.
  6. Innovative and exciting offense.
1 Like
  1. A head coach that can quickly assemble a high quality team of coaches and support staff. Look what Herman did for UT. We’ve got a lot of people that need to be replaced.

2. No one like Art Briles with massive amounts of drama. We’re still building a national reputation. It needs to be positive.

3. An experienced head coach that can make a “splash” and keep the train rolling. We want people to continue talking about UH and our positive future. If we go the coordinator route, I hope they can show that they’ve already got an all-star supporting cast committed.

4. Someone like Les Miles would make a huge splash and allow us to possibly keep our coordinators in place. But UH needs high octane offense. Holgerson or Montgomery bring in systems and offense that should have continued success.

5. Someone that can continue the HTOWN Takeover mantra. Texas recruiting is huge, especially Houston.

2 Likes

@qwanseeker

Good stuff! Thanks for posting!

1. No more coordinators looking for the next promotion. We can afford an established coach that will stay with us longer.
1 Like

I trust their judgment and am sure they will make the right decision for us.

That said, the one thing that needs to be made ABSOLUTELY CLEAR is that we cannot and will not support or accept the hiring of a coach that covered up or was complicit in or was otherwise involved with the cover up of rape cases at Baylor or anywhere else, in any position. That means Art Briles. That means Kendal Briles (and pretty much the entire Baylor coaching staff). That might even mean Phillip Montgomery or Dino Babers, pending the results of what should be an extraordinarily extensive vetting process. While I (and I’m sure many others on this board) will continue to support UH through any number of on-field losses and setbacks, I will not support a program that knowingly hires someone that did or was complicit in what was done at Baylor, or anything of a similar nature.

8 Likes

1). Find a way to play football at equal to or greater revenue without going through ESPN (I.e., a new revenue model). Instead of getting out in the corner, maybe we can generate enough to pay a coach an obscene amount

1. line up 2-3 years of tentative P5 opponents that people want to see and then have football go independent with all other sports staying in American

3). They have people at UH that do strategic planning and or marketing. How about getting all UH resources directed at the recurring problems of losing coaches and of habitually not selling out a small stadium. Do this without raising taxes again (student fees)

3 Likes

@T-Moar @Scotti

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

if we truly have many candidates that are interested in this job…
1 need one who is social media savvy, cth showed how powerful that can be in this city with the local recruits
2 uh will make a great commitment in terms of resources backed by tilman and we have, new facilities, best g5 salaries for assistants and a hot bed for recruiting to offer, we expect a time commitment from the next coach in return…next coach should accept a 10mil buyout for the next 5 years…or don’t even bother to apply

2 Likes

Find a way to add to the buyout a clause that could get us a home and home with the team a coach leaves for, like the school could use the home and home contract in a way to satisfy part of the buyout.

2 Likes

I trust them in their decisions.

However, add a note that says no UT-Houston please.

4 Likes

very fine idea, Portland…i like all we are saying… i might add that this should also be sent to Chairman Fertitta, since he is the one who probably is going to make the final decision anyway.

1 Like

Most of these points are fine with me. Thank you all for your efforts.

I would also second the idea of sending them to Chairman Fertitta.

Go Coogs!

1 Like

Requisites:

No ut at Austin or atm affiliation
Strong ties to local and state recruiting
Strong ties to get us to a P5
Clear five years plan

I second what pray10 mentioned about ut-Houston. That message has to make a statement.

1 Like
  1. UT-Houston must NEVER happen. EVER.
  2. We must NOT settle for a coach who “won’t leave us”. We tried that before, and it set our program back 5 years.
  3. Continue to search for the best and the brightest. That is what makes this University great, and has elevated this football program to a level not seen in decades. Continue to hire coaches who want to succeed at the highest level. That is how we move the program forward. If they leave, so be it. Get another great coach and keep moving. Eventually, we will be in a P5, and we will not be as susceptible to coaches leaving frequently.
  4. No Art Briles. If his agent calls, hang up immediately.
2 Likes

I trust Khator. The way she had rib this place, and the loyalty she has shown us gives me full confidence in her decisions. Make sure you apply the same hiring practices you did last time, and I know this will be a home run hire!

The only thing I would add to all of this is to put greater emphasis on recruiting the Houston area. CTH immediately made it his goal to put a wall around Houston in terms of recruiting. That blueprint needs to stay in place. CTH hiring Meekins as an assistant was genius. The new guy should go after the coaches at Manvel, Katy and/or North Shore with the same goal in mind. We need high quality depth in order to maintain winning consistency.

2 Likes

Do not interview nor hire LANE KIFFEN, ever!

3 Likes

Lane might be worth a shot. If the best mind in college football has had him around for the last three years, maybe he learned something.

A big part of the htowntakeover was the marketing and social media aspect. The twitter accounts, the viral videos, etc. reached both fans and recruits at their level. I don’t know how much of that was Herman, but hopefully we are committed to keeping and in fact expanding this effort.

Then add LES MILES to the list of candidates!

2 Likes