Why does this board show so much respect for Fritz and not Dana?

Because Holgerson respect is gone. Mine was gone when he was an assistant.

1 Like

I don’t/didn’t want either as our head coach. Fritz has done more with less though. Holgorsen is a perpetual underachieving tool bag

No way am I a hire Fritz guy but I don’t recall him ever laying down the gems that The Dud has…real winners like…
“I can’t coach this sh*t”
“I am not taking responsibility for that”
Telling fans to F-Off

6 Likes

I don’t like either. No retreads for me.

1 Like

Good point. The other way to look at it is this….

Whenever a team scores 63 points and loses the game, there is something seriously wrong with the defense, whether it’s the players, coaching, or both.

2 Likes

Tulane is not the terrible job a lot make it out to be anymore. Great recruiting area, fun city that college age athletes want to be in, upgraded facilities, top notch academics (which also doesn’t seem to prevent athletes from attending), and the food. It’s a top 3 job and program in the AAC moving forward. Fritz gets credit, but its not like it takes an elite coach to go above .500 at Tulane anymore.

Fritz is 25-24 over the last 4 years, Dana is 26-20. No problem saying Fritz has done a better job, but I think the OP holds valid in the question. Dana is trashed while Fritz is hailed as a genius. There isn’t that much of a gap.

2 Likes

Agree completely.

When we were in CDOA with Tulane in the early 2000s and there was little to no institutional support and they were playing in front of a few thousand people tops in the Superdome to where you could almost hear a conversation on the other side of the field, it was a much different situation than they have today.

Said this in the thread about Montgomery getting fired, but I think Tulane is a much easier place to win now than Tulsa.

We should be better than Tulane, but it’s probably more like how Texas should be better than TCU and Baylor.

Also, for me conference record is a better measure than overall and in 7 years Fritz has only had a non-losing conference record twice. I don’t have an issue with folks saying he’s done a better job than Dana, but if we had Fritz over the last 4 years I doubt things would have been that much better. It’s not like with Fritz we’d have been better than Cincinnati was last season.

My points have been vindicated after today when Fritz made the rounds to several area High Schools

14 Likes

Thanks for bumping a year old thread and making me look bad

12 Likes

Gray keeps receipts, apparently.

10 Likes

Take your victory lap.

Blah…blah…blah…blah

2 Likes

This was before the season started lol

This ain’t hard.

Fritz’s last employer didn’t want him to leave.

Danas last employer did.

That’s all I need to know.

9 Likes

dana’s last TWO employers wanted him to leave

he was not going to get a new contract from WVU he was going to be given a “dana year” to try and land a new job somewhere else or just blow it all up and drink his way through the season…Houston tossed WVU a lifeline and $1 million for kicks

and Fritz at least keeps coaching and trying to build a program even if he needs time to do so…dana just mails it in and starts blaming anyone other than himself

1 Like

Look at Fritz’s entire body of work and compare it to Dana’s. There’s no comparison between the too as a head coach. Dana is a very good OC though.

I removed my post 3rd Ward. I was once a defender Dana myself (before SMU). I apologize. Didn’t realize we were responding to an old thread.

1 Like

Why you don’t include thid year (2023) since it is finished anyway? Holgy: 4-8, Fritz: 11-2. It’s not how you start, it’s how you end. Holgy’s big win: Beat 6-6 Auburn in Birmingham Bowl. Fritz’ big win: Beat 11-2 USC in the Cotton Bowl. Oh, how similar these two guys are! Huh?

1 Like

Really? “Can’t coach this sh*t”, “That’s life in the Big 12”, “I just want to be competitive”,“That ship has sailed” VS a text book model of professionalism and a proven winner with a plan.

8 Likes