Transfer Portal news 4.0

Grant Nelson, one of the best available in the portal, is withdrawing from the NBA Draft.

Now, decision time on his next school.

3 Likes

This news today as well, 5 star guard Elliot Cadeau, will reclassify. And join UNC this coming season

https://247sports.com/player/elliot-cadeau-46115715/

nelson is the only player in the portal that was recently reached out to by houston (that is known publicly)

7 Likes

Who are some fits for Nelson?

The big names, Kansas, Duke have full rosters

Kentucky needs him, they’ve done nothing in the portal.

“Magnificent 7” teams are: UNC, NC State, Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

Miami Hurricane$?

1 Like

Ill give him the bag. Landon needs to come up klutch.

4 Likes

We need him!!

Gofundme by coogfans?

On a serious note I figured Nelson would come back to college. Without going in depth right now I think he should seriously consider us as a top option. He fits our style. He could showcase what he wants to showcase and get better at things by a coach valued by the NBA.

This would most likely require Fertitta.

1 Like

Or Mac… And we have some other BMDs step up here and there as well…

Any real chance we go after him or get him?

he already released a list of schools that reached out to him, we were one… so we are atleast interested… how strong of an interest? we dont know yet

real chance? depends… we dont know his motivation, if its NIL, we likely dont have a chance… if he is leaning towards development on the defensive end/toughness for next years draft then we’ll have a shot

2 Likes

Development plus decent NIL plus NBA network of CKS who just interviewed with the Bucks…

Plus two Coogs DEFINITELY getting drafted this year…

Maybe.

1 Like

Have Forbes and Cross both graduated?

i saw he was training with jarace and a bunch of other prospects for a while a couple weeks ago, hopefully jarace did some recruiting for us.

4 Likes

My coog glasses take is, TA beefs up and becomes really good. Like a taller more athletic sophomore hinton. Franics iQ clicks and is an elite shot blocker and rebounder. Roberts starts shootings 3s like he practices. Lath is a Chaney like backup where he can just be big and athletic and play solid D and rebound for 10 minutes. JoJo is 2022 Roberts

3 Likes

I was just wanting to say this the other day. We need to get Jarace on the phone with Nelson like Grimes did for Cryer.

Keep an eye on: Arthur Kaluma

Word on the street is he’s coming back to college.

1 Like

Withdrawal deadline to return to college is Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. ET

Edey, Tshiebwe, Beekman, Kaluma, Andre Jackson, Tristen Newton, Kobe Brown, Trey Alexander, Dillon Mitchell, Terrence Shannon Jr