Texas Tech

Its much more likely the big10/sec merge and cut the dead weight out of the leagues.

2 Likes

247 shows Colorado ahead of them.

1 Like

How did TT manage to even land that 5 star recruit?

NIL

With the new $1B endowment from the state, hopefully it will push us closer to the top echelon of the Big 12. Well Tech will be up there too

2 Likes

His Dad played for them.

2 Likes

They have been for a number of years. What is interesting is the number of high recruits is not translating into wins. Nonetheless we have to, have to catch up and truly be the third destination or even better for any Texas recruits. For the little time that I have seen HCWF is on the right recruiting track. He is both recruiting at the High School ground level to the portal level. That in itself is new for us. I will add that the ones leaving are either leaving for the money or they have “no stones” to work harder. I say good riddance and it explains why we had so many issues on both offense, defense and special teams.

2 Likes

Texas Tech Football has 12 Texas Top 100 commits. That’s more than Texas (9) or Texas A&M (8). Texas Tech has as many Texas Top 100 commits as Baylor, TCU and Houston combined.

https://twitter.com/MackeyMac8/status/1733141726376718392?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1733141726376718392|twgr^bbd456f6c611dd94d86b6f14f1656788cbaca405|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsicem365.com%2Fforums%2F2%2Ftopics%2F133410

4 Likes

With social media, recruiting is national now. Fritz is gonna try to focus on Texas, which is good. But let’s not get it twisted, Texas has a top 5 class because they are recruiting nationally.

Come on now you have been blowing this guy’s horn like he is the next CJ Stroud or something! We’re talking about a guy that went 4-8 with the entire year of starting, a guy that was demoted to 3rd string status before he got here! He’s lucky that lazy RedBull was too lazy to develop a QB and so he went with the only guy that had any playing experience in college whatsoever! Once Coach Fritz starts to evaluate what he got at the QB position your hombre might end up being a backup! We’ll see! I don’t take anything that that lazy RedBull said seriously nor do I care about his opinion since he is a lazy loser! If his opinion about the QB position matters so much then why he went 4-8 and could only muster 8 recruits in an entire year of recruiting? It’s a new year with a new staff and it’s about time a real competition at the QB position starts to take place, being overseen by a real coach and not by a lazy jacka$$ who can’t keep any of his words straight!

1 Like

HCWF has connections all over the country which is a major upgrade from our previous leader.

Not at all, but you’re talking about a guy who was 3rd string coming in as a redshirt freshman and unseating a SR with numerous starts under his belt.

It’s just like the people that thought Coley would come in and start.

I thought that was STUPID, and of course, it was. Coley is now 3rd string. Vindication was mine.

Did we go 4-8? Sure.

But that was more the Defense and Running Game’s fault than Smith’s.

That’s not to say that Smith was an all star, because he wasn’t. But he was hardly the cause of our biggest woes.

If this guy comes in, I’m sure he’ll get a chance to compete.

But don’t put money on him coming in and being the guy when a SR starter with way more P5 starts is ahead of him.

Now if that JMU guy comes here….HE might have a chance to start.

But that’s a whole different level of proven starting experience and success.

1 Like