Quentin Grimes

I detect a Mavs fan. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :laughing::grin:

2 Likes

Luca moves like a guy w a much different body type. He reminds me of Gronk in that way.

Grimes was amazing. A few tough moments with ball handling late.
With Brunson out he will have the ball & handle will get great.

Looks like Grimes as more of a PG and IQ as the SG is looking good.

Sounds like a great game from Grimes just ran into an all-time performance from one of the gameā€™s brightest stars.

1 Like

Grew up with the Rockets at Hofheinz when they used local high school girls as cheerleaders, Steph , Gwen and Cookie! Art Eckman at the mic.

Love Grimes but Luca is unreal.

3 Likes

Yep my older brother took me to Hof like in 73, n I saw Knicks w Frazier, DeBussschere, Willis Reed etc. play the Rockets w Murph, Newlin, Big E , Rudy T etc. I was young teenager by then but pretty much all you saw at Noon on the Natl Sunday gm was Knicks, Philly, Celticsā€¦ repeat, rinse, repeat. But they had great teams back then.

Edit: remember Eckman on radio very well.

1 Like

Luca is the most unathletic looking player that is great that I have seen since Charles Barkley. He looks like he ought to be playing at the YMCA, but he is arguably the best player on the planet,

2 Likes

Itā€™s crazy that Dallas smoothly segued from Dirk to Luca. Both incredible basketball players.

3 Likes

Off-the-ball defense in the NBA is beyond lazy. Not many teams expend much energy on denying scorers the ball, switching out, general hustle is lacking. Just my take.

Not a perfect comparison, but I wonder if Luca is a good blue print for Drew Timme to follow. They seem to have similar games.

This is false. Itā€™s almost impossible to deny pros unless your double teaming especially the stars. Also, guys have to help off the ball so you canā€™t face guard in the pros. Weā€™re used to so much poor offense in college, it makes it seem like the pros arenā€™t playing defense.

4 Likes

@Coogjazz was watching the NBA All Star Game when he made that post.

1 Like

Now hereā€™s where I could make a big deal of it when in truth I really donā€™t care much about the NBA other than seeing UH players do well.

May Q make a *&^%ton of money and have a long career.

I gotcha but I wanted to clear that up. A lot of ppl like to bash the NBA and donā€™t even watch it.

1 Like

NBA ran all their fans off a couple years ago

4 Likes

Oh really?
An average of 1.6 million viewers tuned in to watch NBA regular season games across ABC, ESPN and TNT in the 2021/22 season. This marked a 19 percent increase on the average viewership during the 2020/21 regular season.

Never let facts get in the way of your narrative!

10 Likes

Ohh Really. #FakeNews :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is partially true. Itā€™s also widely known that the NBA encourages the star players get theirs so spacing is usually better for them and drawing contact and getting the call on weak fouls favors their chances of success.

Could you imagine how much Jordan would score during this era?

1 Like

I went to several games. The one I find most memorable . . . . . 19 for 20 in one period, with the last shot being missed. Also remember ā€œchicken manā€ . . . . . had many a Churches chicken meals . . . . .

They play too many games to go 100 percent all game long . . . . .

1 Like

Loved Mike Dunleavy. I think it was 135 points for free chicken, right?

Ohh yes. I remember " chicken man" . I forget how many pts they had to score to get free chikn. Seems like Mike Dunleavy score late at a game i was at to get us free chikn. I grew up in Oak Forest n there was a Churchā€™s on 34th & Magnum if I recall. Rt in that area. Great
memories.

Edit: do u remember their Center in mid 70s i thkā€” Kevin Kunnert.