Memphis president takes shots at recent Big 12 realignment

Turns out RedCat made the same point already.

The sport of football is already losing popularity on the west coast which is why the Pac12 is almost non-existent.

I took a trip out to LA a few years back and I saw more people playing pick-up basketball and baseball than playing a touch football game.

Not even the Rams Super Bowl championship got the support of LA.

So says bagman U

1 Like

Oh yeah. There are no interesting rivalries in the Big 12 lol.

Interesting games all over the place. I can’t wait to see these conference games.

7 Likes

LA Elementary forbids footballs on school grounds. First hand knowledge.
Kids are allowed to play dodge-ball

1 Like

Dang that’s stupid. As a kid touch football was fun but now it’s much easier to grab a basketball and go to the park or gym. Not as many people want to play touch football as adults

So lets talk about those regional traditions.

Do you mean the regional tradition of the powerhouses, leaving us out of the southwest conference for decades?

Do you mean the regional tradition of not allowing African-Americans to play the games.

Do you mean the regional tradition of when the original big 12 was born, leaving our university out to fend for ourselves.

Do you mean the regional tradition of never allowing us to get a break, but even one dollar.

Let me tell you good, sir there is only one tradition, and that is taken care of ourselves and our own university.

Now I realize the Memphis president has nothing to do with our fight, but he should study the history of college athletics, and then take care of his own university.

2 Likes

No wonder there are so many baseball players from California.

“College sports will die in 20 years when the B1G has 35 members and mid majors become meaningless. When the B1G collapses in 2045 college football will be a thing of the past.”

You wouldn’t believe the moves the 5th graders have, reverse layups is the norm.

1 Like

In fairness to him
 maybe he is referring to Big 10 adds
 the Big 12 adds actually make a lot of geographical sense
 they are adjacent and in some cases, have history with existing members. That is the advantage of being a central time zone centric conference. :slight_smile:

He’s not wrong. Those were better days. Who cares about Oregon vs. Rutgers or UH vs. Utah?

I can’t wait for UH vs Utah. For all our B12 match ups, actually

4 Likes

I don’t care who the Coogs play, I always look forward to it.

5 Likes

You’re talking like a damn fool. Houston vs Utah is gonna be a banger if Dana doesnt ruin it.

3 Likes

Unless we are continuously 1 & 2 in the conference year in and year out, not a chance we get picked up on rilvary week

Yeah I think all the Big 12 matchups are exciting
 that is what is so good about the conference. No dud matchup with all the team balance!

1 Like

Yeah that was a necessary shot!

I saw our basketball team play at both places
 :grin: