Jamal Shead... doing a Test

one of the best things that could have happened for us lol - thanks Kansas!

3 Likes

What is your point?

We all know this.

We do not have any idea what conversations were had between Self and Q.

But we are U of H and that is not how CKS rolls.

Only responding to Truth’s post about what happened to Q at Kansas. That’s all.

Okay, cool….apologies

I know exactly how it works, Bottom line, ‘Hit the road Jack’. They were told if they wanted to play it had to be somewhere else. Nothing new here. One of first thing Yeoman did when taking over from Hal Lahar was to run off some of Lahar’s recruits. Goes on everywhere.

Him “testing the waters” is no different than what our other guards have done right? Like Sasser, jarreau, Galen and others?

1 Like

correct. from what I’ve gathered he would be “dumb not to”.

gets feedback for his game and sees where he would realistically go if he decided to turn pro.

Sampson has said time and time again he encourages this for his players.

I’d say there’s a 97% chance he comes back next year.

2 Likes

He needs to improve his shooting a lot to be Beverly.

Sure he can improve but Beverley shooting numbers have never been all that. Imo, Shead can realistically get there. Beverley didn’t start in the league either if I recall correctly

1 Like

Encourage this. This is their dream, what can we do to help you achieve it.

We will get another group in.

Something can be said for being able to handle the ball, make the right pass, not turn it over, playing tough defense. However, I just don’t see it with Jamal unfortunately. He is below the average height for points guards in the NBA and he is a subpar shooter for the league.

• Shot 29.8% from 3 in 2022 and only improved it to 31% in 2023

• His FG% isn’t too impressive either. Wasn’t efficient enough with his floaters for me to see him doing that in the NBA.

• Inability to create his own shot. He can drive into the lane and has the floater but it will much more difficult to pull off against big man in the NBA who are always 6’10" or higher. And Big man in the NBA are more skilled than college players on defense.

• I do think his athleticism gives him a boost though. He’s really strong and might be able to hold his own psychically. Guys like Collin Gillespie are good in college but not athletic enough to play in the NBA. I wouldn’t say that about Shead.

But just because of what the NBA is evolving into for the future I don’t see it. Certainly undrafted and maybe a chance to have a spot on a roster. That isn’t to say I don’t want to see it. I’ll be rooting for him and all coogs but that is my non biased assessment of his potential in the NBA. But I could be wrong. I didn’t think Andrew Nembhard had much of a chance to stick on an NBA roster and look at him now.

It’s also situational. Nembhard plays for the Pacers who are rebuilding whereas someone else gets drafted by the Celtics and probably doesn’t play that much.

Maybe, but don’t you think these kids have a brain and can think for themselves? If Sampson told them they were not going to see the court much then they would be fools to weigh their options. And I will guarantee you if they transfer out coach Sampson will be there to help them get to another school.
Yes it is a business, but Sampson and staff recruited these kids and they are family. You will never convince me coach doesn’t have the best interest in mind for each kid on the team.

6 Likes

That 3% is freaking nice nevertheless the NBA with the Rockets lol.

Okay @pesik jr. you aint fooling no one!

1 Like

im going to pretend like Sampson is pushing Shead out b/c they are bringing in a veteran PG.

thats the story im going with.

But Shead is that veteran PG?

Pretty much spot on. Undersized PGs are not getting drafted these days, especially inefficient ones. I think he can carve out a role like Javon Carter. Bulldog on defense and shoots open 3s when there. He just has to get to passable from 3.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Never tried to convince you CKS doesn’t have the best interest in mind for each kid. However what’s best for the program remains number one objective. When he decides someone has to go, there going.

1 Like