How good will womens hoops be?

Whatever his protector says it i

According to Pez we don’t have the money to hire new coaches. Better to let the ones we have now degrade our programs to laughingstock status.

1 Like

Sampson can win here but Hughey can’t?

1 Like

Sampson talked about how tough the Big 12 is on the road. For Hughey it’s tough everywhere. Would it be tough if we hired a coach who hadn’t previously coached in a P4 conference?

1 Like

Kateri Poole transferring in from LSU. She didn’t play pretty much all of 2023-24 but was a significant player for them during their national championship season of 2022-23 (mostly on the bench but she did start all six of their games in the NCAA tournament). And she was a starter at Ohio State to begin her collegiate career after being ranked as a 5-star high school recruit. 5-8 guard, good defensive player.

One of the four outgoing players (Conn) is now coming back. Thompson, Diawara (to San Jose State) and Jones are still transferring.

3 Likes

Is there really a difference between 10th place and last place? Let’s go the other direction. Pay someone $15 hr and let them run it into the ground. Save the money.

2 Likes

Why so much? Min wage is still $7.25. Probably all our current coach is worth, if anything at all

2 Likes

They also just landed a transfer from Maryland (Summer Bostock - 6-1 guard/forward from Canada). Didn’t play much for Maryland, but again had big time stats in high school. Probably 3 years of eligibility? There was another transfer in town over the weekend from Louisville (and Georgia Tech before that) named Elyia Love I think? She has the best stats of any of the three - 6-1 forward. But no commitment yet.

At least they’re trying to fill out the roster.

1 Like

I don’t think Coach Hughes is going anywhere this year, at least he is recruiting. Not the best coach in the world, but is really well respected. Bigger fish to fry, namely baseball and softball. Don’t see how we can afford four firings.

1 Like

See. This is why I come on here. Great financial input from clear-thinking minds. Saving another 50%+ in payroll expenses.

1 Like

“really well respected”

okay.

Kateri’s career stats: 5.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.2 apg, 37.2 fg%.

Ha!
.didnt mean to put the “really” in there. :sunglasses:. But in the eye of the casual fan, you rarely hear a bad comment about him as a person. Unlike CDH. I’d rather go another year with him if it comes down to who we can afford to let go.

Sometimes coaches are adored by people you wouldn’t expect.

An example is Tony Levine. He has statue of his likeness

at Texas State

1 Like

Roster is going to be the worst in the big 12 easily

3 Likes

I am seeing a fifth incoming transfer now in Kiera Edmonds, a 6-2 post out of Wagner (New York area). She had decent stats for a freshman there, especially her rebounding totals. Probably not a bad pickup at this late juncture but I can’t imagine she’d be a starter right away. Maybe over time if she keeps developing.

1 Like