Breakdown After 2 Games

Thanks…to the voice of reason!!!

GO COOGS!!

1 Like

to section 102

1 Like

Do you really think CDH and staff doesn’t talk about those things? The players still have to execute.

1 Like

Kansas will be tougher than TT. They are clicking on all cylinders right now. Their offense is legit. Defense seems suspect but they will score points. Hopefully our offense has a great game and the defense forces some 3 & outs

3 Likes

I’ve been out, but I haven’t seen any updates on Campbell. Is he okay?

Really liked how they were using him, and I think we have some great change of pace backs to spell him on occasion.

Penalties have to get better. ESPECIALLY on punts and kick-offs. Two weeks in a row that Tank got screwed.

D-line is getting good pressure wqhen we’re rushing four. I’m okay never seeing the three-man rush again. Secondary was improved over week 1 by quite a bit.

Not crazy about the play calling. Not just in execution, but clock management. I think the pass on second down has been rehashed enough, but man, would love to have that one back. I’d like to see the passing game going strong early to open up the run. I think we have the backs to take advantage of it.

Hate losing to Tech. Really, really hate it, but I’m looking forward to seeing what we do against Kansas this week.

We aren’t there yet, but we have some potential. Will that be under DH? Don’t know, but we could be doing worse.

3 Likes

The coach’s job is literally to get the players to execute.

1 Like

How? Should he yell more? Are you in the room or on the field with them? What could he do differently. He can coach until he’s blue in the face. I’m sure they run drills and watch film, etc. However, he can’t do it for them.

2 Likes

What are you basing this on? Because they were able to move the ball against WVU? Tennessee Tech is a throwaway game.

1 Like

Fix the slow starts and figure out how to play an effective prevent defense and we can win out. Id say 85% of our issue are coaching. This stuff should be fixable.

i was just about to comment about this point, but reading the other comments everyone else already noted it…
tech did not look like a good team at all… they looked like a really bad sloppy team with a qb who was scared . they had a ton of unforgivable errors ,they dropped an open td, threw a bad pick 6, threw an INT late in the 4th quarter on 3rd and long in their territory in a close game, tripped on himself on a 4th down play, dropped 2 sure fire INTs… and did not stand out anywhere on offense…

you could make case for their Dline because they shut down our run, but utsa shutdown or run game too, there’s a possibility our run game just isnt good

their next 4 opponent (5 of the next 6) are top 25 calibur teams, so we’ll find out real soon about them

1 Like

Fair enough, but doesn’t our d-line have the most QB pressures after 2 games? Also, that late 4th quarter INT was an All-American play by Owens. We’re a good defense, so we forced mistakes. Tech played sloppy and still beat us, so we’ll see.

1 Like

I think we will beat Kansas. I think we will have everything clicking and Dell will finally have a return TD count.

1 Like

Tech will finish between 5-8 wins. Their line was set at 5.5 wins for this season. If they can win a few close games and have some luck (like they did on Saturday) then I think they can get to 8. Looking at Techs defense they started 10 seniors.

Both sides of the Ball need to improve.

I gasped when I read about Tech running over 100 plays with 37 minutes of possession.

Not even Helton nor Dimel allowed such stats.

Something is terribly wrong.

1 Like

Agree with everything except tech being a good team. Why? Their QB. We beat ourselves

1 Like

According to TOS when asked about it in today’s press conference, CDH said they told to protect against the first down line, but the players dropped to protect the goal line. It seems it was more a matter of poor execution or miscommunication.

1 Like

Penalties is it, full stop. Clean that crap up

2 Likes

I’ve cooled off. I’m still going to the games this season, sucks to lose. Worse to basically beat ourselves .

1 Like

I think Tech’s heading for 6-6 unfortunately. They get WVU, Kansas, Texas, and Baylor, and OU at home. I think those are winnable games but I think they’ll be doing really good to go 3-2 on that. The timing of the Texas game may be the biggest break for them as the UT starting QB should still be out. Road games against NCST, KSU, TCU and ISU, I don’t think they get more than 1 of those. I do think its possible that NCST is majorly overrated but I wouldn’t hold my breath on them winning that one.

Tech schedule about to get much tougher though