Big 12 / SEC / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2)

We’ll see, I guess. :man_shrugging:

I do agree btw, i just don’t think Utah is the one that’s most willing.

1 Like

This made me laugh

https://twitter.com/redditcfb/status/1684772960861929472?s=46

9 Likes

Who would that be?

Most willing? I’d bet it’s Arizona.

Yormark is smarter than I am, so if he sees Utah brings value then by all means bring on Utah.

If the PAC finds a deal that somehow works at this point. Kudos to them. They haven’t found a deal for months. Not sure how they manage one now.

SDSU would be their first invite, but without a deal, they can’t invite anyone. And without knowing who the PAC will invite, then a network won’t give them anything. It could be a crap deal.

How long are the remaining PAC teams going to wait?

4 Likes

Playing devil’s advocate, CFP and NCAAT path would be easier, a lot easier. Just saying. That late night time slot won’t supply itself.

Not ending well for the pac12 or new west coast Ivy League

1 Like

It is probably time for Stanford, Cal, SMU, Tulane, Air Force etc to form a western version of the Ivy League.

They don’t need big time athletics to promote their schools.

Vandy and Northwestern will never give up their paychecks. But a conference that looks like this seems inevitable:

Stanford
Cal
Rice
SMU
Air Force
Army
Navy
Duke
Wake Forest

1 Like

Those teams aren’t going to form a conference just to fly across the country every week. It’s not just football.

• Stanford and Cal are screwed if the PAC dies. Stanford most likely goes independent, and Cal probably joins the MWC

• Rice, Tulane and SMU are fine where they are. The PAC had a chance to grab these schools last year and chose not to

• the military academies are fine where they are

• Duke and WF would never leave the ACC for this lol. They can’t leave for any conference until 2036 because neither are worth their exit fees

2 Likes

This is perfect.

12 Likes

The ACC teams and ND are basically TRAPPED until 2036, though ND might be the one program with enough money to break out.

I’ve been saying for months that the B1G does NOT consider Oregon and Washington to be the type of big brands they are looking for. The B1G regards them as “tweener” brands that don’t truly add value.

For those same reasons, I’ve also scoffed at the notion that the B1G either wants a Western “pod,” or that they have to add those schools to create “travel partners” for USC/UCLA.

Hey listen. The B1G added those schools ONLY to answer SEC expansion, NOT because they want a Western division.

The B1G ain’t coming for UW or UO.

That’s why WE need to add those two, and Arizona, and ELIMINATE the PAC as a serious “power” player in college sports.

They may retain legal autonomy status at that point, but any media deal they get will be G5 level.

5 Likes

When Khator asked Pezman how she should vote, he replied “whatever you want” and truly meant it.

So SMU Buddy has joined the chorus of downplaying CU because they haven’t had good results. Keep in mind he defended CU’s value just a couple months ago.

Realignment is hyperpartisan. It is crazy how SMU fans still want to defend PAC like they are a part or will be a part of the conference they are hyping.

2 Likes

Colorado was never going to do good in the PAC.

Now that they have access to Houston and Florida, they’re going to fare out much better.

It’s like saying SDSU would continue their hot streak if they joined the ACC. They would be back to irrelevancy

This pissed off many B12 AD’s/Presidents.

It is why Utah got moved way down the list of picks.

Utah is behind Oregon, Washington, and Arizona and Arizona St on the list currently.

If Oregon and Washington come, then Utah is screwed.

2 Likes

Colorado’s best football teams were filled with majority California kids.

They pull a ton from Cali long before they ever entered the BIG 12.

Anyone have access to the roster from their early 90s Natty team?

SDSU is not on the table for 2024 due to their massive early exit fee from the MWC. And that goes for every MWC school so the PAC can only look east to SMU and Tulane.

I think we get UA and the B1G makes their move on OUW for a partial share. Here’s where it gets interesting, Oregon’s been a power house for so long in the PAC. Their path to playoffs gets much harder by joining the B1G. Could OU look at Big 12 as a more attractive offer if the partial share from B1G is less than $50mm?

Your buddy realizes the PAC was NEVER going to invite SMU + SDSU in a complete PAC, right?

They were just using them as leverage pawns to see if their additions added anything to the media deal…they were side pieces FWB that were given the “im just not into you” speech over and over again.

If they REALLY wanted them, they would have been invited them long time ago.

Now, in a severely raided PAC, they have no other choice to invite them…acting like they wanted thrm all along.

2 Likes