2024 Houston Cougar Basketball offseason

Dang McFarland lost 8 inches with the hair.

14 Likes

Grimes is a great standard but I also see a Corey Davis type improvement. When Rob Gray left many were concerned about not having a true go-to guard who could create. Davis went from mainly a three point threat to someone who could get to the rim and finish inside the arc. I really liked Davis but believe Cryer is a more talented offensive player and will be just as great defensively as a SR.

1 Like

Are we sure about that? Corey was a lockdown perimeter defender and had the same offensive game

I like cryer. Don’t love him yet. So, I’m taking Corey Davis over cryer at this point.

Loved me some Corey Davis. Bulldog upfront defensively.

3 Likes

I could not care less about which BE team we draw if we get them at home which we did as I understand it. I would much rather watch Butler from my seats in TDECU than any of the others on TV.

3 Likes

That would be quite a crowd. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Also got to account for the opposition too. LJ is doing what he’s doing in the Big 12 and his defense improved a lot. Let’s see what next year!

1 Like

He’s got some good eyes too or some awesome binoculars.

1 Like

What stood out to me about Grimes second year is how much he became a clutch player, hit big shots when needed.

3 Likes

Big shot Q! He gave us a glimpse of that in the Memphis game his sophomore year (final home game before Covid shut down the season). Scored 15 points in about a 6 minute stretch and just absolutely took over.

1 Like

CD was a very good defender though I don’t quite have him on the level with Sasser, GRob and Shead,. That’s not a slight to him whatsoever.
That’s the level I think Cryer can get to next season.

I think he was on that same level. Him and Galen were a tough perimeter duo. Cryer has improved but we will see if he has the lateral quickness to guard PGs next season since Uzan is a taller PG.

He was good but not quite that good.
Shead may have been another level than any of them this past season. He and Sasser transformed our defense into a turnover machine.